Wearing shawls and scarves in winter is not only beneficial to your health. It also serves as a much needed accessory that can help transform plain winter attire into something absolutely gorgeous and vibrant. Have a look at why you should be wearing shawls and scarves for your health, and as a fashion statement.
- Scarves and shawls can be layered under and over your winter coats, jackets or jerseys for added warmth. This helps regulate your temperature and leads to a feeling of comfort, as being too cold can make you uncomfortable.
- Wearing this items in winter will help you retain your body’s natural heat, making it ideal for preventing hypothermia. Losing body heat could lead to you catching cold, which could lead to more serious complications such as bronchitis, and if left untreated, pneumonia.
- Wearing a scarf over your head will protect your face and ears from frostbite. It can also protect your hair from rain, mist or fog.
- Wearing shawls and scarves warms you, and when your body temperature is normalized like this, you are more active and productive. Being too cold tends to make one inactive. When you're cold, all you want to do is curl up and keep warm.
- Accessorizing your winter wardrobe is easy with just the right scarf or shawl. Perhaps you have a watch with a worn out or broken strap, or maybe you’d like a watch that matches your winter outfit. If so, simply remove the strap, and attach a small scarf as a watch strap. Don’t forget to use colors to complement and brighten up your outfit too.
- If you’re someone who loves being outdoors and capturing precious moments, then winter should be no reason for you to stay indoors. Let your scarf double up as a neck warmer and camera strap when you wear it around your neck with your camera attached.
- If you have a pair of winter shoes or boots that need a new look, you can also make bows with your favorite color scarf and wrap it around your boots or shoes. You may even not need to buy new shoes this winter, as accessorizing can make a pair of shoes look altogether different.
- Wearing shawls is great in winter, as you can easily drape them over yourself as a throw for extra warmth whether you’re having a picnic, camping, or sitting indoors by a fireplace.
If you are convinced that wearing a Pineda Covalin shawl in cold weather its a good idea, you are going to love the following video with 2 creative and unique ways to tie your Mexican scarves and shawls.